Outdoors and RECREATIONVisit the famous Crane Estate featuring the best beach in the Boston area and Ipswich's very own castle!
Bike or walk the many beautiful conservation areas in town.
- Ipswich Open Space
- Winter Recreation Downloadable PDF
- Crane Estate
- Crane Beach
- Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Willowdale State Forest
Take a kayaking excursion on the ocean or head over to the Ipswich River for a peaceful paddle - bring your own canoe or rent one over at Foote Brothers!
Pick apples and other fruit, enjoy local baked goods, fruit wines and other local favorites at one of our local farms:
- Marini Farm - Coming in the early fall? Check out the Corn Maze at Marini Farm!
- Russell Orchards
- Appleton Farms
Walk through historic Ipswich, which boasts more "first period homes" than anywhere in the country, and the oldest cemetery in the country — 1634! There are 3 self-guided tours available from the Ipswich Inn.
- High Street - Starts with the house next to the Ipswich Inn and includes the Pillow lace District and the Olde Burying Ground
- East End Walking Tour - Includes the Inn and a lovely walk along Town Wharf and the river
- The River Walk Mural
- 4 Mile Walking Tour
Food and DrinkVisit the lively restaurant scene - many within walking distance of the Inn.
Don't forget to try some famous Ipswich fried clams!
SHOPPINGOur local and unique downtown shops are within walking distance of the Inn
These surrounding areas also have some unique, quaint shops, restaurants & villages to explore!